Sunday, October 17, 2010

Landscape Assignment

I couldn't decide on any one landscape photo  from the many that I have shot. Please note that the double rainbow is property of Lemon Lily productions and was taken by Susan Day Fuller (aka My Mom). It is too beautiful not to share as a part of this assignment. I enjoy the landscape shot, it prompts the part of my mind that stores memories. Places I have visited, days shared with friends, or the same beloved location as seen through the years and seasons. Some places seemingly never change if you hurry by them, but slow down, take in the obvious for the not so obvious and the subtle changes become apparent. We are richer for seeing the little details in the big picture and remembering the big picture in the little moments.

3 comments:

  1. The second snow shot is really great... I like how the posts coming out of the snow really contrast the horizontal landscape. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first snow shot. I would probably crop off a small sliver at the bottom, making the horizon / shore fall along the line dividing the photo into thirds, but otherwise, I love it. I coming outside on sunny winter days with fresh powder coating the mountains, and freshly fallen snow covering the ground. Pristine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all these photos are great you have a great eye you really capture the image but leave much to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete