Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 2- Where I'm From



I am from the garden, the shade and the lake
The Font, Muther, Ajou, Paduh, Penny, Petrie and Digger
I am from are we there yet? it’s not what you say it’s how you say it
A wrinkle in time, where the wild things are, and the giving tree,
I am from a solo paddle on Labrador Pond, an overnight railroad trip,
Tinker Falls tinkers and Mountain View summers.
I am from a lady slipper, the dinner table and a picnic basket
stuffed green peppers, pot roast, Ida’s gooey fooey on Sundays and homemade pasta on paddles.
I am from Oscar de la renta and diamonds, cigarette smoke and wood dust, cinnamon and sugar and old spice and hugs
I am from my boys who gave me motherhood and my cameras that gave me boxes of memories
I am from today, yesterday, tomorrow and always Tony, and my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment