Monday, December 6, 2010

Portraits


Being recently unemployed I have been more house bound than usual. I took this weekends weather as a sign that I would not complete this assignment the way I wanted to. I wanted to get to a place I hadn't been in a while and shoot people outside my comfort range. T suggested that I go visit him at deer camp. Great idea I'll get that unique shot I was seeking being in a crowd of retired men in their natural habitat for this time of year, what a great solution and oh yeah OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! whoot whoot! Arriving shortly before what I thought would be lunch time I would find them all returning from a morning in the woods rosey cheeks, grey beards and camo clothes....another well laid plan shot, literally, one of the group had harvested a deer that morning and all the pals were not returning as I thought they would be. They were in fact exiting and in a rush to get to the weigh station and brag to their fellow outdoorsmen. I was left with my same subjects in a new environment. Think quick.....now what? Leave it to my father in law who said "why not take the family for a little hike and see who you can see and what you can see in this area" So we bundled up and set out. We saw no one but each other and the pristine wilderness, the peacefully falling snow and the beauty of being out as a family. When I took W off my back in his backpack he was all smiles and having a wonderful time being out. I couldn't help but capture him on film, snot and drool and all. I was so happy to get my shot! T isn't understanding why I want to take a picture of him all messy that's why is looks so skeptical:) I also love this shot because you can see the Father -Son resemblance so well! And without trying applied the rule of thirds:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment